Skip to main content

The beginning of my life as a professional photographer, heh

Well, I guess I can put a check mark next to the third item on my list of New Year’s resolutions.

Schmap Guides just chose one of my photos to include in their online map guide of the Washington D.C. area, heh. It’s tiny, but it’s got a link back to that photo on my Flickr site, which is nice.

Also, I must say, I really do enjoy living within a short drive of Washington, D.C. There is a little hill in the highway near the Pentagon, and I love watching the city appear as we drive over it, then driving alongside the Jefferson Memorial as you take the 14th Street exit into D.C. and coming upon the Mall--with the Lincoln Memorial at one end, the Washington Monument in the middle and the Capitol at the other end--a few short blocks later. There are so many people from all over the world walking those streets. And all those museums, restaurants (I do love food) and history. It really is something.

(Image: screenshot from Schmap)