Skip to main content

More Conan remake news

ComingSoon lets us know that the Conan remake is still out there, reporting that Dirk Blackman (who penned Outlander, the upcoming James Caviezel sci-fi Vikings flick) and Howard McCain (who penned Outlander with Blackman and directs the film) have been hired to rework the script for Lionsgate. They also have this little tidbit at the bottom of their blurb:
"Fans expect (these types of movies) to be more true to the source material," Malmberg said. "There's no reason there couldn't be a Conan movie every two years. He's almost like Batman: He's a dark hero. He's a hard hero. He has to be badass, but we also have to like him."
Batman? Hrm. I'll have to go back and reread the novel to be sure, but wasn't Conan's creed basically something like "I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content" (Queen of the Black Coast via Wikipedia)? Not so much Batman, I think.

What, you ask, is Conan doing on a God-talk blog? Heh, I've kinda addressed that here.

Update: Looks like Peter Chattaway had some of this info and more like it posted at FilmChat yesterday, heh.

(Image: copyrighted; by Mark Schultz; via Wikipedia)