Skip to main content

Wedding photos & aliens & global warming--oh, my!

Last week I ran across a couple of things that, well, made me grin. Since I've tweeted, Facebooked and GooglePlus'ed them, I figured I might as well post them here, too. Heh.

Julian Sunmi Park and Benjamin Jinsuk Lee
First, click on the photo above to see the best, most creative and, um, unique wedding photos ever. I'm not kidding. Trust me, if you enjoy speculative fiction (with a somewhat darker twist), you won't be disappointed. So go see them. Now. Please.

Henrique Alvim CorrĂȘa/The War of the Worlds
Next, some scientists at NASA and Penn State University released a joint report entitled "Would Contact with Extraterrestrials Benefit or Harm Humanity? A Scenario Analysis"--which, among other things (not so far-fetched), suggests global warming may invite an alien attack in order to save the rest of the universe from we humans. No kidding. Read a synopsis here. Or the whole thing here.

Okay, I'm done. Heh.