Sunday, July 25, 2010

15 Random Confessions of a Woman Between Youth and Old Age

1. I want to be skinny but eat McDonald’s Fish Fillet sandwiches for lunch every day. And Big Macs.

2. I want to have hair that doesn’t make me look like Rosanne Roseannadanna when it’s humid.

3. I want life to slow down.

4. I want my hormones to go away. Far, far away.

5. I want everyone to know the unbelievable freedom and breathtaking love of Jesus, the wide open spaces of his kingdom.

6. I want to build the world a home and furnish it with that love.

7. Better yet, I want this broken world to be whole again.

8. I want God’s people to wake up, breathe in His wild and teeming kingdom, stop living small, and start living large.

9. I want to own a restaurant, call it Not From Around Here, and be its chef. With lots of sous chefs.

10. I want to write a book and watch it climb the New York Times Bestsellers List. Actually, just writing a book that is published would be good.

11. I want to love like and be the kind of sister that the women in my life are to me.

12. I want to understand how it can be that I am blessed to be married to the love of my life.

13. I want to love my children better. Actually, I want to love everyone better.

14. I want God’s truth to be my experience.

15. I want to be able to chew gum and walk at the same time.

(Image: mine)

2 comments:

Don Hendricks said...

All those charming confessions are what draw me to your blog and writing. May God grant them all, except you have got to give up the McDonalds splurge, you will might have heart problems like I developed from too much of this and that.

Carmen Andres said...

Don, thanks so much! and i'll watch the McD's :)