Skip to main content

Food for thought: The good news

From The Rest of the Gospel: When the partial gospel has worn you out by Dan Stone:
It is not your striving that releases Christ's life through you. It is your trusting . . . .

What's good news to us now isn't just that he died for us, though that is good news. It isn't just that He's with us, though that is good news. It isn't just that He's in us, helping us, though that is good news. The really good news is that He is in us, living His life as us. He has joined His Spirit with our spirit. In the unseen and eternal, there's Deity inside us. We are not that Diety, but we are containers of that Diety.

A well of eternal life is springing up within us. That life is adequate; that life is sufficient; that life is never exhausted, never tires, never tastes bitter. That life is always light, always has mercy in it, always has a second chance in it, always carries God's forgiveness towards others, always is love.

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

--Paul, in a letter to Galatian believers (2:20)


(Image: mine)