Skip to main content

Sorry, guys, this one's for the women

Hat tip to Beth at Two Little Vikings, who was hoping for Elizabeth Bennet. Heh, I was actually expecting to be Anne Elliot of Persuasion, as she’s the one with whom I feel the deepest connection. To take the quiz, just click on the image of Elizabeth Bennet.

My husband and I are in the middle of the PBS/BCC presentation of Pride and Prejudice (of which Elizabeth Bennet is the heroine). While some others of my friends have indicated this version to be their favorite, I'm still partial to the 1995 UK film staring Keira Knightley as Elizabeth and Matthew Macfadyen as Darcy. While it isn't as faithful to the novel as the BBC adaptation, it captures the spirit much better (at least in my opinion, heh).

And, by the way, if you haven't seen the Bollywood version, by all means, check it out. (And Lost fans, you'll see a familiar face.)