Skip to main content

A book meme

Ken tagged me with the Book Meme that's been going around:

Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people.
Heh, I stayed true and honest on this one and grabbed the only book sitting on the couch with me, Children of Men by P.D. James:
This driver was leaner, aggressively smart in his apparently new uniform, and the eyes which met mine gave nothing away, not even dislike.

I said: “Is George no longer driving?”

“George is dead, sir. An accident on the A4. My name is Hedges. I shall be your driver on both journeys.”
Not that profound (especially for a book with profound threads), but there you go.

I’m not sure all these folks do these kinds of things on their blogs, but nonetheless I tag:

David at Caveman Dave
Mir at Mirathon
Peter at FilmChatBlog
Lauren at RedWebs
Jeff at jeffberryman.com