From RevGalBlogPals: “This one is patterned off an old Friday Five written by Songbird, our Friday Five Creator Emerita: Below you will find five words (each of these appears in one of the readings from this Sunday's lectionary). Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story:"
1. Vineyard: Jesus, Life, and Love all lushly mixed and growing and intertwining (John 15-17).
2. Root. “But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit” (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
3. Rescue. The “Rescue Pack” from Go, Deigo, Go. Heh, it’s just where my world is at, a world that includes a four-year-old child.
4. Perseverance. Stay-at-home mom life. Which is, remarkably, a great proving ground for discipleship and transformation. Go figure.
5. Divided: Far too many of us.
(Image: from this intriguing blog, Creative Commons License 2.5)