Skip to main content

Post #500

The 500th blog post feels like it should be some sort of milestone or something. Maybe because it’s a round number? Maybe because it’s half of a thousand? Or maybe it just means I’ve posted a lot in the 10 months since I started this blog, heh.

Anyway, it’s a good excuse to go reflecting about blogging and such. I like the way David at Emerging in Ludlow pares it down, listing his 2006 blogging loves and hates. In particular, I too have found blogging to be a wonderful way to work through, clarify and articulate my thoughts. And I've really been pleaseantly surprised by and treasured the gain of connections from across the world (the “blogs I frequent” list on my sidebar reflects most of these connections). How does that happen, this building up of community in cyberspace? Anyway, it’s been one of the best things about blogging. But, on the negative end, I empathize all too well with fighting the addiction of blogging (and stats)—and loss of sleep (or the undone chores) that usually results.

Anyway, a big thankyou to all of you who regularly visit, comment and encourage me. It’s been fun--and it still is. Here’s to post #500, then.

(Image: confetti streamers by paulcalypse at flickr; some rights reserved)