1. Favorite red food: Red velvet cake. Yum. Or a medium-rare steak. Yummier.(Image: Cozumel Beach by treyguinn at flickr; Some rights reserved)
2. Tell us about the bluest body of water you've ever seen in person. Cozumel, Mexico. Breathtaking.
3. It's movie rental time: Blue Planet, The Color Purple, or Crimson Tide? What about Deep Blue Sea (come on, don’t tell me that shark thing with Samuel L. Jackson wasn’t one of the most unexpected jaw-dropper scenes in film history) or Red Dawn (an scenerio many in my generation thought was just around the corner)?!
4. What has you seeing red these days? People who refuse to listen to each other. And power-plays among followers of Jesus.
5. What or who picks you up when you're feeling blue? Chocolate. Coffee. A God-revelation. My three-year-old’s giggle. A good storm. My eight-year-old’s hug. My husband’s eyes when he laughs. A long phone call with Susan. Lauren’s enthusiasm. Lenore’s encouragement. Karen’s solid understanding. Jalapeno popcorn. A good and familiar movie, like The Mummy or Always. And good music, like Andrew Peterson, Joan Baez, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole or Billy Holiday.
So Paul took his stand in the open space at the Areopagus and laid it out for them: "I'm here to introduce you to this God.... He doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near. We live and move in him, can't get away from him!" ~Acts 17