1. That God loves me. That he’s revealing that he really is who he says—good, all-love, faithful, deeply personal, reality—and can do what he says—transform, work all together for good, reveal, explode-into-here-and-now. That trusting him brings more life, love, joy, clarity, beauty and jaw-dropping awe than I ever imagined possible. That I can’t wait to see what he does next.(Image: by Be Kind To Animals at flickr; some rights reserved)
2. The little things. Like coffee. Chocolate. Sunshine. Fuzzy blankets. Sunflowers. Internet. Beautiful art. Laptops and digital cameras. Good blogs. Sunday afternoon drives. Silence. Bubble baths. Comfortable jeans. A clear night of stars. Thunderstorms. A warm fire on a cold night. Jalapeño popcorn. Naps.
3. The big things. Like health. Love. Joy. My five senses. Abundant life. Transformation. Hope-that-is-confident. Revelation. Discovery. Creativity. Grace. Language—and the ability to read. Living-in-the-Kingdom-together.
4. Family & friends. My handsome, intelligent, funny and patient husband. My creative, compassionate daughter (and her hugs). My bright-eyed, all-boy son (and his giggle). My gifted, I-want-to-be-like-her, eternal sister, she-knows-but-still-loves-me best friend Susan. My soul-sisters Lenore, Karen and Lauren—and all those sisters who weave in and out of my life and help me trust God more. My mom and dad, who love me and continue to show me how to follow Jesus.
5. Good stories. Be they in books, around a table, on television or the big screen, good stories are eternal and truth-full and beyond measure. Questing Parson says it best (as usual).
So Paul took his stand in the open space at the Areopagus and laid it out for them: "I'm here to introduce you to this God.... He doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near. We live and move in him, can't get away from him!" ~Acts 17