1. A friend who has blessed me: Susan, by showing me what sisterhood is all about; Lauren, by constantly inspiring me; Lenore, by loving me; Karen, by sharing her life.
2. An unexpected gift: my husband (who knows me best but still loves me), my children (who are amazing little people), the South (which is its own country), and God (who really is who he says he is)
3. A kind word shared with me recently: “Mommy, you’re the best mommy ever! I love you.”
4. Something that makes me stop and praise God: a roll of thunder so deep it changes your heart beat’s rhythm, my husband’s eyes when he laughs, a clear night of stars, a bright full moon, seeing love in action, and a good book.
5. Something I’m looking forward to: the end of potty-training, a vacation, Fall (and the end of wet heat) and heaven.
6. A particular part of me I’m pleased with: Jesus in me.
7. Something in my life I wanted but never expected: a man who loves me and finds me beautiful, being changed from the inside out, and a handful of sisters with whom to share the journey.
8. A place that moved/moves me: the tundra in the Alpine Zone of Pike’s Peak, the Milky Way on a clear and dark night, and any time or place I find myself standing in the Kingdom here-and-now.
9. One thing/person that always makes me smile: those orange and red and green blobs on Doppler radar heading my way, pink lightening, my son’s giggles and my daughter’s mischievous smile.
10. Most recent “love note” from God: the revelation that I really can call him Abba, that when he walks into the room I can run to him with abandoned joy like a child to her love-brimmed father.
And now it’s my turn to tag:
- Lauren (to get your blog going)
- RevAbi (like you have nothing else to do)
- Melissa (cause I’d like to know you better)
(Image: by Francois Schnell at flickr.com)