So, I recently discovered that one of the “traditions” of this ring is the Friday Five, in which (thanks to Sophia and Sally who answered my “how do I play?!” plea) five questions are posted to the site each Friday for us to answer. So, here’s my first go:
There: I've played!
1. In what kind of environment do you sleep best? (e.g. amount of light and noise, temperature, number of pillows, breathe-right strip, sleeping in the buff, etc.)
I have two kids—one still a toddler—so I can sleep in any environment, heh.
2. How much sleep do you need to feel consistently well-rested?How much can you get by on? What are the consequences when you don't get enough?
Generally, I need about 7-8 hours to be a somewhat functional person. (Can a 41-year-old mother of two actually be functional?) I can get by on 5-6 broken hours if need be. What happens if I don’t get enough? The “Mommy-Monster” appears, and she ain’t pretty, ack.
3. Night owl or morning person?
Both (depends on when my kids went to sleep).
4. Favorite cure for insomnia.
These wonderful little over-the-counter blue (but awful tasting) sleepy pills, a thick blanket on the couch, and late-night Weather Channel on mute.
5. To snooze or not to snooze? Why or why not? Heck, no—unless I can snooze until I wake up naturally. Otherwise, the Mommy-Monster’s evil twin appears. And she’s downright ugly. Shudder.
(Image: Wikipedia/stock xchng)