Skip to main content

Look what just came in the mail

I actually ordered this a couple of months ago, was later informed the supplier was out, found it again (for $10 cheaper than my first order, heh) and here it is. This has to have been one of the best (and one of my most favorite) sci-fi series on television ever. Why it got only one season, scads of fans (including me) continue to wonder. A 2005 film based on the series, Serenity, even made Christianity Today's 2005 Critics' Choice Award list.

So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, you'll know why. Heh. fireflyctgy

Comments

Makeesha said…
My husband and I both LOVE LOVE LOVE this series and the movie. I still can't believe it didn't last longer :( At least the actors have had jobs since. Most notably on Stargate Atlantis and the new series Chuck (great show in its own right)

Hubby and I pull out our dvd's on occasion and just watch the whole series - I think we've seen it at least 5 times now.
Mirtika said…
I ordered my DVD set as soon as it was available. :) But I rewatched all the episodes after Thanksgiving, that day when we all sit around and think, "What the hell was I thinking eating that much food at one sitting? Urp!"

Avoiding the mall was a good excuse to watch Capn Mal and the crew.

TV's big loss that the show got nipped in the bud.

Mir
Carmen Andres said…
nice to see i'm not alone in my love of the series! mir and mak, thanks for stopping by!!